Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Advanced Card class this month made the two cards shown above. For my advanced class I try to design more involved, not necessarily difficult cards. We generally stamp the inside and/or emboss the envelope. The fall card was made using Paisley Prints and the sentiment from Grateful Greetings. We used Peach Parfait; Cajun Craze, Early Espresso and Very Vanilla. We accented the layers with Early Espresso Waffle paper. The picture doesn't really show but we took a negative image from the Leaves die cut as a stencil to create a background image on the card base. The leaves were cut by hand, popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals and tied with Linen Thread.
For the second card I used Greeting Card Kids stamped in Stazon Black ink on Watercolor paper. We used blender pens and ink pads in Blushing Bride, Real Red, Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze to color in the design. This was my first time using Watercolor Paper and I must say I love the stuff. We used Candy Candy Christmas Designer Series Paper for the background. The Candy Cane Big Designer Button finished off the Real Red Satin Ribbon. The sentiment from Jolly Old Saint Nick is stamped in Real Red on Blushing Bride punched out with the Scallop Oval. Every layer of this card was shaded around the outside edge in a coordinating color. I was very pleased with how the card turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment